Monday, January 9, 2012

Moist and Healthy Oat Bran Muffin

This recipe was sent to me by my friend Natasha whom I met when living in Evansville in 2008. Good times!!
I still haven't tried it but just looking at the picture of the one she made made my mouth water! Cannot wait to try it. And it is super healthy indeed!
Way to go, Natasha! 
My mom will be the first one to try, I can guarantee you!


♥ Ingredients
   2 ½ cups Oat Bran
   ½ cup Whole Grain Flour
   2 tsp ground Cinnamon
   1 Tbsp Baking Powder
   3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
   2 XL Egg Whites
   1 Egg (enriched egg)

   1 ¼ cups Evap. Milk (Fat Free)
   2/3 cup Sugarfree Applesauce
   1 Tbsp Canola Oil
   1 tsp pure Vanilla Extract
   Toasted flaxseed



♥ Preparing the muffins
Preheat the oven to 425 F and coat a 12 cup muffin tin with a brush of butter (or
line with paper baking cups) - Sometimes I use Baker's Joy or any other spray with flour. 
Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend well. To create some lightness in your muffins, whip up the egg whites and whole egg before adding the remaining liquid ingredients to the eggs. Then spoon
your dry mixture into the liquid until flour disappears (if you like nuts or fruit in your muffins, you can add them now). 
Fill the muffin tins to the rim, place in the preheated oven, reduce heat to 400 F, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tops show lightly brown.
Let cool, serve with some omega-3 rich flax seed, a pat of butter or fruit preserve.
Enjoy!


Thanks a bunch, Natasha! :)

When I make mine, I'll have with tons of my favorite preserve in the world: St. Dalfour Gourmet Pears! Yummy! The perfect pair, I can already bet!


No comments:

Post a Comment