Give it a try, I'm sure the kid in you will love it!
The best thing, for me at least, is that once they cool they get slightly crunchy! Yummy!
I made a batch for my husband covered with peanut butter (didn't even had time to take a picture, he ate them all!). For me I baked a few topped with a big chocolate morsel!
- 1 egg
- 8oz Oatmeal (old fashioned)
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp light butter (I used yogurt spread)
- 5 oz brown sugar (I used 2.5oz of Splenda blend)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 360F.
- Mix all ingredients by hand in a big bowl until combined.
- Make small patties (1.5 inches or so) and put them in a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or sprayed with Baker's Joy.
- Bake until browned on the bottom, about 17 minutes. Leave it for 20 or more if you prefer your cookies really crunchy!