Saturday, January 28, 2012

Healthy Oatmeal Pecan Cookies

I love oatmeal and I love creating and making healthy recipes. These cookies are the perfect combination of healthy and delicious!
Give it a try, I'm sure the kid in you will love it!
The best thing, for me at least, is that once they cool they get slightly crunchy! Yummy!
I made a batch for my husband covered with peanut butter (didn't even had time to take a picture, he ate them all!). For me I baked a few topped with a big chocolate morsel! 
You'll need:

  • 1 egg
  • 8oz Oatmeal (old fashioned)
  • 1tsp Baking powder
  • 1 tsp Vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp cinnamon 
  • 6 Tbsp light butter (I used yogurt spread)
  • 5 oz brown sugar (I used 2.5oz of Splenda blend)
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans
Making your cookies: (Yields about 20 cookies)


  • Preheat the oven to 360F.
  • Mix all ingredients by hand in a big bowl until combined.
  • Make small patties (1.5 inches or so) and put  them in a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or sprayed with Baker's Joy.
  • Bake until browned on the bottom, about 17 minutes. Leave it for 20 or more if you prefer your cookies really crunchy!



Easy, huh?!



 ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment