Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Welcome, Spring!

Sitting at my deck in my backyard. That's how I have enjoyed the first morning of this beautiful, promising Spring! As I let the sun energize me I couldn't help thinking that an ice cold, refreshing beverage in my hands is what I was missing to have the perfect day!
If I had friends over or if this was a weekend, I would definitely have made some CLERICOT
Clericot is a drink brought by the British to South America. It's made of fresh fruits (or canned, syrupy ones mixed in as well) and pink or white sparkling wine. The beverage of choice in Punta del Este, Uruguay, actually, that's where I learned how delicious this was!
 Nothing more suitable for such a perfect weather!


1 bottle of Sparkling wine of your choice (sweet or brut, to your own taste)
1 small pear, peeled, diced
1 small apple, peeled, diced
1 can of light syrup apricots, sliced
2 thick slices of pineapple, diced (optional)
10oz sparkling water


Let all fruits stand for about half an hour in the apricots syrup. 
Lightly mix into the sparkling wine and water, avoiding removing all the bubbles from it.
Serve chilled in a champagne or white wine glass.


My recommendations:
FREIXENET CAVA ROSÉ or CARTA NEVADA
Sparkling water Perrier grapefruit, if you like a slightly bitter taste to your drink. 
Strawberries and cherries are also great in this drink.
Specially delicious if enjoyed by the pool! ;)
Have a bright, lovely Spring!
 ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment