Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Protein Shake Idea

I love drinking a protein shake after my workout! It helps me not to feel so sore by the end of the day. But plain old vanilla or chocolate every day just won't cut it, right? Every morning I try to make something different, more flavorful and healthier.


Yesterday I made one that kept me full all morning (which NEVER, EVER happens) and at the same time it looked beautiful and tasted delicious so I had to share here! It is a great way to add vitamins and other nutrients as well as water into my day.

This shake is high in protein and low in carbs but it still has some carbohydrates coming from the fruits:

- 2 scoops of EAS 15 (abbott lean & tone protein shake from whey)
- 3/4 cup fat free or 1% milk
- 5 pitted cherries, fresh
- 4 small fresh strawberries
- 1/2 frozen banana, small
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3 ice cubes (or more if you like a frappée texture)
- 2 teaspoons (or 1 T if you can afford the calories) Justin's Almond Butter with honey <optional, just as good without>

Blend it at high or on the ice crusher setting of your blender for about 20-30s.

Sip it and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment