Justin will make a spinach & artichoke dip and I baked some Snickers with peanut butter muffins. Doesn't get any more american than that!
To make this Super Bowl food a real hit, pair the muffins with a good quality vanilla or chocolate ice cream!
To make 12 of these beauties, you'll need 30 minutes of your time and the following ingredients:
- 1+2/3 cups All purpose flour
- 5 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Brown sugar
- 1+1/2 Tbsp Baking powder
- pinch of Salt
- 7 Tbsp Peanut butter (chunky, preferably)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg beaten
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 Snickers bars (or 12 fun size ones) cut into small pieces
1. Pre heat oven to 400F. Sift together all the powder ingredients (salt, flour, baking powder and sugar).
2. Add the peanut butter in dollops and mix with a spatula until you have a crumbly mixture. Set aside.
3. Beat the egg with the vanilla. Add the milk and melted butter. Add liquid mixture to the crumbles and combine everything stirring well with a spatula.
4. Add the candy pieces, gently incorporating them into the batter.
5. Using an ice cream scoop put the batter into your lined muffin pan.
6. Bake for 22 minutes or until set and golden on top. Let it cool for 5 to 10 minutes before removing the little cakes from the pan. Leave the liner in.
Makes about 12 to 14 medium units.
Told you it would be easy!
Try mini Reese's instead of the Snickers.
Switch the PB for maple almond butter and sprinkle the batter with pecan instead of candy.
Before baking, pour only half of the batter in the pan, fill with brown sugar and butter mixture, top with the remaining batter and then bake.
Serve with coffee or a big glass of cold milk!
< Adapted from the Nigella Lawson book "HOW TO BE A DOMESTIC GODDESS" >