Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentine's Day Truffles

During a cool event at work, which we called potato lover's day, a friend of mine took PB + potato chips truffles. At first I thought it sounded kind of gross but decide to take a bite. OH WHY DID I DO IT?! Now I'm addicted! MUST. HAVE. IT. Why not a Valentine's day truffle so I could enjoy it with my husband?

I haven't gotten the texture perfect, but promise to update when I do. In the meantime, these will work, they are just a really soft truffle! ;) Maybe I just didn't add as much sugar as I should have?

Make sure you use good quality chocolate (no crappy Hershey's bar, PLEASE!) and real butter!

Ingredients (makes 12 small truffles)

1 T cream cheese
1 T unsalted butter
3T Peanut Butter (creamy or crunchy will do)
3 T (full!) of potato chips crumbs + more for decoration
pinch of salt
4T of confectioners sugar
4 oz of chocolate (I used dark Baker's 66% cocoa)

Mix together PB, cream cheese and room temp softened butter and the sugar. Gently fold in the crumbs of potato chips (I used Lay's Wavy Original). Let it cool in the fridge for about 10 minutes so you can roll into balls. (Maybe if you use 6-7T of confectioners sugar you can skip this refrigeration step)
Put them on a wax paper lined plate and take it to the freezer for approximately 15 minutes.
Dip each truffle individually into the melted chocolate and sprinkle potato chips. Put the truffles back on the wax paper and let it stand in the fridge until you serve. You can store it in an air tight container once the shell hardens.

So creamy and yummy! It will sure make for a memorable Valentine's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment